RUNY v NOLA Gold: Game Preview
Last home game of the 2019 Major League Rugby season, Rooster Boosters. It wasn’t easy, but we got here. Time to blow the roof (if there was one) off of MCU Park. You have Monday off. Sunday is basically Saturday. So buy tickets here and make a day out of it on Coney Island.
- The game starts at 1 PM, with the RUNY Under 20’s v Brooklyn Rugby Club Curtain Raiser starting at 10:30 AM. Doors open at 10:00 AM.
- “The Roost” All You Can Drink beer deck opens at 12:30 PM, and will be open until the end of half-time
- Rugby United New York (4th in the table standings) beat NOLA (2nd in the table standings) in the 4th week of the season in a tightly contested match up. Cathal Marsh kicked a penalty in the 72nd minute to take the 27-24 lead, and the Roosters didn’t give it up.
RUNY: WHO TO WATCH
The inside center has made Major League Rugby’s First XV for two consecutive weeks. In that time, he has gained 187 meters on 25 ball carries, and has made 15 tackles, with a 93.75% completion rate, while scoring 1 try.
The Butcher has had a stellar season thus far, and is sitting in third for most tries scored and second for most try assists in all of Major League Rugby. He has made over 650 meters on the ground, and has made 136 tackles, with a completion percentage hovering around 92. He has logged over 900 minutes for the Roosters this season, and will be a huge part of the final push for the MLR playoffs.
- Cathal Marsh, #10
FH1 is back in the lineup after resting for last week’s matchup against the Austin Elite. He blew up the NOLA defense last time we played, scoring 2 penalties, 3 conversions, and 1 try for 17 points and MLR Player of the Week honors. NOLA’s defense, ranked 5th in the league, has been shaky at times. Marsh will look to expose that like he did last time.
- The Final Push for Playoffs Have Begun
- Check out the full playoff mathematics and all the fun stuff that comes with it here. Spark notes: it’s interesting and nothing, except for San Diego clinching a spot in the big dance, is decided. There are four teams fighting for three spots. Us, Seattle, Toronto, and Glendale are the contenders. Only four points separate #2 from #5 in the table standings. I’m getting amped up just writing this. BIG GAME ROOSTER BOOSTERS.
- General admission tickets, $30 for adults & $10 for students, can be purchased here
- “The Roost” All You Can Drink Tickets can be purchased here
- For the discounted group ticket rate (8 or more people) please email [email protected] with the subject line “Group Tickets 5.26”
*use tracking code NYPD or FDNY at check-out and a portion of the proceeds will be donated back to the charity of each organization’s choice*
TRAVELLING TO MCU PARK
- Wondering how to get to our home stadium? Check out this page which has all the relevant information you can need.
HOW TO WATCH:
- SNY for NY Viewers
- ESPN+ for USA Viewers
- Facebook Watch for International Viewers (through the USMLR Facebook)
WHEN TO WATCH:
- Sunday, May 26th
- 1:00 PM EST
*Almost every link on this page directs you to our ticketing platform. It is on purpose. Buy tickets here.*
This is: OFFSIDE CHATS- where Rugby United New York athletes, coaches, and
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NEW YORK (October 15, 2019)- Rugby United New York
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NEW YORK (October 9th, 2019) – Rugby United New
Alex MacDonald: “I’m Gonna Do Whatever I Can To Help RUNY Make The Final Next Year.” Presented by US Rugby News
Alexander MacDonald is a lock for Rugby United New York (RUNY). Alex
By Kiera Fitzgibbon Jake Feury is a professional rugby player, business professional,
- Anthony Parry
- Callum Mackintosh
- Capital Selects
- Cathal Marsh
- Chris Mattina
- Fly Half
- Harry Bennett
- James Rochford
- John Quill
- Myles McQuone
- Paddy Ryan
- Seimou Smith
- USA Rugby
- Will Leonard
- October 2019 (6)
- September 2019 (12)
- August 2019 (3)
- July 2019 (3)
- June 2019 (7)
- May 2019 (10)
- April 2019 (20)
- March 2019 (12)
- February 2019 (17)
- January 2019 (14)
- November 2018 (7)
- October 2018 (8)
- September 2018 (5)
- August 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (4)
- March 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (3)
- January 2018 (1)